1. That people believe in American dream to be real! In Estonia if you think dream is real they say of you “he is trying to milk a rat”. Idealism!
2. Your leaders are so funny. We in Estonia don’t have leaders of such diversity and humor. George Bush was no lawyer-genius but he liked his ranch, so the commoners loved him. Obama is fancy pants lawyer so intelligentsia love him. Personally I voted for Bush, how I miss! Sometimes they even fight wars then win Nobel Peace prize, liberal thinking!
3. Trucks. In Estonia and Europe cars are very tiny because our countries are very tiny . You have states that people have forgotten about that are bigger than my country. Big trucks are cool both for hauling sheep to a BBQ and helping friends move. My Chevy is jacked up so high groups of kindergarteners can walk underneath- delightful!
4. Same sex marriage! That is too much fun, nice going!
5. Turning left on a red light. Why the heck not!
6. TV. I love most all the 108 choices on my cable. I watch at least 210 episodes a day of Diners, Drive-in and Dives. Back in Estonia in the 80’s it was always just state-run drivel.
7. Thoreau, Emerson, George Washington, and Teddy Roosevelt. Roosevelt was president twice and then after losing for third run, explored an uncharted 1000 mile long river in Brazil and almost died doing it, and he was once hit by a would-be asassin’s bullet in the shoulder yet refused to stop his speech! He finished his damn speech in a bloody shirt and coat. Even George Bush would not have done this! Where did his Progressive party go? I want in.
8. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, biscuits and gravy, pecan pie.
9. Walter Cronkite.
10. Movies. I love all the exploding things, the Oscars and most of all Tree of Life. (Watch the scene below! I was there at the beginning, it was just like this!)
11. Because more is better, 11th thing is FREEDOM!!! Thanks you and happy birthday america!